Xcaret Eco-Park is one of the popular and fun attractions in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. No longer do you have to choose between Mexico’s amazing heritage and its natural beauty – at Xcaret Park you get a mixture of nature, food, art, culture and landscapes all rolled into the same place. Now that is awesome!
Start your day in the Park right…
Take it easy as your ride pulls straight up at your hotel to take you to Xcaret Park in air-conditioned style. A scenic drive will take you just outside of Playa del Carmen in Mexico’s Riviera Maya. Step out into the sun, and get ready for an ever-expanding eco-adventure!
Eco Park Animal antics!
This is a family place, where both young and old can explore until their hearts are content. From snorkeling with some fishy friends to exploring underground rivers, there is plenty of water to splash around in – who knows, you might even meet a manatee!
Whether you are watching wildlife at the Marine Turtles Observatory, jumping for joy at a Mexican Equestrian show or swimming with dolphins, this is a chance to get up close and personal with some of Mexico’s cutest wildlife. As you brush the lush jungle back, you will catch a glimpse of the Caribbean Sea winking at you.
Here is a taster of the great natural wonders you will discover:
- Coral Reef Aquarium
- Marine Turtles
- Jaguar Island
- Underground Rivers
- Butterfly Pavilion
- Natural Museum of Orchids and Bromeliads
- Tropical Jungle Trail
- Aquatic Paradise
Great shows and attractions: Xcaret Park traditional treats
For a slice of traditional Mexico, peek through your fingers to watch a Voladores de Papantla dance. This ancient ritual sees five dancers climb a 98 feet pole, before four of the participants launch themselves to the ground (not to worry – they are harnessed by ropes)!
If you are at Xcaret Park in May, you might also be lucky enough to watch a fantastic seasonal experience: the sacred Mayan journey between Cozumel and the mainland, performed by locals dressed in traditional Mayan clothes as they cross the ocean on board of traditional canoes.
Between October 30th and November 2nd, there is the beautiful Festival of Life and Death to participate in.
Xcaret Park has so many shows to see, watch, touch and feel, that it will be hard to experience them all in one day. What you can do is check out those that inspire you the most and don’t think twice!
- Scenic Tower
- Main Plaza
- Hacienda Henequenera
- Vino de Mexico Wine Cellar
- House of Whispers
- Mexican Folk Art Museum
- Mexican Cemetery
- Mayan Village
- Xcaret Mexico Espectacular
- Papantla Flyers
- Prehispanic Performances
- Equestrian Show
- Round-trip transportation to/from the hotel is available for an additional fee.
- Guests may also purchase the dinner menu for the evening show for an additional fee
Xcaret Admission Only
- Xcaret Park Mexico opens 365 days a year from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Shows, exhibitions and cultural tours.
- Water activities in the underground rivers.
- Access to beaches, bays and natural pools.
- Life jackets and inner tubes.
- Lounge chairs, hammocks and rest areas.
- Safety bag service during the river journey.
- Restrooms, dressing rooms and showers.
- Show “Xcaret Mexico Espectacular”, a musical journey through the history of Mexico.
Xcaret Plus is the best way to enjoy all that Xcaret Park has to offer! In addition to Xcaret Admission, Xcaret Plus also includes:
- Access to Area Plus facilities.
- Use of snorkeling equipment.
- Lunch buffet including 1 beer and unlimited beverages (soft drinks, flavored waters and coffee) while consuming food.
- The rental of snorkel equipment requires a $10 USD deposit
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Take sunglasses, a hat, swimsuit, towel, camera, biodegradable sunscreen, mosquito repellent, money for lunch, snacks, souvenirs, and tips (tipping is optional)